Wednesday, January 14, 2009

He's a waiter but so much more.

His name is Eric, John Mayer is playing in the background, I haven't had a cigarette in a while and my coffee's getting cold. But he has a warm smile, inviting eyes, and a handshake to calm the shaky. I get the feeling, he's feeling me out and I think he knows I'm questioning him too. We both agree, and we both tell the truth. I compliment him with a coffee filled handshake. Things are so different here. I feel okay. It's as if, he was supposed to be here, in this restaurant, just to say hello. I think I've become a regular. And I'm okay with that. He calmed my nerves about this city, and strange as it may be I get the feeling that no matter what's going on I could always find myself here, with a cup of coffee and someone to listen. This brightens my night and makes me smile silly. I'm so glad to be in fla. I'm so glad I met Eric.

No comments:

 
My name is hubert.