Saturday, February 14, 2009

And you think I should go.

And I think I should go
Falling down in this parking lot,
Looking up to the sky
I see where my life is going
It's going home with this guy
I've only just met you
We've seen eachother for a week now
And it's scary this feeling you put on me
From all the rum and coke
And fantasy
It's a simple night
I'm a simple drunk
But I'm feeling so Low
Like even Jesus couldn't reach me
But he's there
Watching my breathing
Checking my pulse
I'm checking my exits
You're watching your lines
And I throw my vision to the sky
And see a cross in a cloud
It tells me
Everything will be okay
I'll realize the beauty in the lie tomorrow morning
When you're lying next to me
About me to your friends
Straight through your teeth to me
This position I'm in
Is everything and awkward
And you think I should go
I know you shouldn't be here
We've gone all too far
I've said all too much
I've got my mind made up
But you've got my heart
You've got me all wrong
In this Tangled up Mangled up
Picture we're in
Please don't remind me
Of the happenings of the night
I don't even know you
And you know I don't care to
Father, Father,
Please look down on your son
Help me, guide me, do anything but lie to me
And tell it's alright
Take me away from here
This color, this light
This decision, last night
Take me away from here
And give me clarity
of mind, of heart, of soul
I need to be gone from here
I think I should go.

2 comments:

 
My name is hubert.