Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What's in a name.

Cigarettes and Innocence are scattered on the floor
I'd rather learn to sleep alone...

&& I know exactly how you feel.


Sometimes I get the feeling, nobody knows the real me; there's drunk me, public me, friends me, family me, carly me, and then there's just me. Sometimes when you call me Greyson I want to correct you, I just want to be called Grey. I think there's a few people in this world that call me Greyson, and mean it. If that makes any sense. But sometimes I really think. What's in a name? What is it that makes the little boy cringe when he hears his first & middle name? What's in the name that gives that executive that feeling of maturity, or the teacher, the power and anonymity in just a last name? What is it that makes me think when I hear my first name. I met two Blondes tonight, when they found out my full name, they both said it, and I thought...This isn't me. The real me isn't found in bars, the real me doesn't have a fake ID, the real me doesn't risk arrest. The real me lounges in a tshirt twice his size, listening to acoustic music, happy to be wrapped in a blanket made of fleece. The real me is pretty damn funny but knows how to be serious. The real me would be happy to run through a wheat field, laughing at the sky. The real me might never be free. I'm still looking for the Mr.Right who's willing to call me Greyson, and I'm willing to listen. The real me loves music, loves to dance, cries at chick flicks, eats calories, doesn't drink them, loves his mother more than the air he breathes, cherishes the air he breathes, isn't really that clumsy but is kinda accident prone, isn't afraid to speak his mind, and is silenced by the beauty of the world. It's funny because sometimes Greyson, and I mean the real Greyson Dale that is, peeks his head out into reality, gets scared, and ducks behind what is known as Grey and hides before he can even begin to realize just how much people love him. I wish I could show you the Greyson that you're dying to know. I'm sorry, but sometimes it's just too much to handle. Maybe someday.

No comments:

 
My name is hubert.